Best for Babies Program
Best for Babies is the “serve” focus for the month of February at New Life Church. Best for Babies is a pregnancy outreach program hosted by Archway Community Services that offers pregnancy support to expectant parents, including education and assistance for essential supplies. Click here to learn more about the program or to get involved further.
We hope to put together 60 care packages that the Family Centre at Archway will distribute to new moms in Abbotsford. We’ll need your help in collecting and compiling NEW items for the care packages. The items on the list are items that the moms can’t typically afford. For that reason we ask that you do not shop for items at a discount store (e.g. Dollar Store). The care packages are meant to be a special gift to bless the moms beyond the usual high need supplies. For example, while diapers and unscented wipes are always needed, they are not included in the care package list below. If you wish to donate diapers and unscented wipes, you may drop them off with your care package items. Best for Babies serves women of all religious backgrounds, please include only non-religious items.
- Click here to view the list of items. We still need lots of items, especially special items for the moms.
- Reserve the items you are going to pick up for these moms and babies using the linked form (so we can track what items are collected)
- Shop for the items you have chosen.
- Follow the drop off instructions, below. The items will be gathered in care packages at the church by additional volunteers.
- If your items come in a package we will most likely open the package and disperse the item.
- If you are not able to go shopping before February 22, you can also send in a monetary gift and we will use that to buy anything we still need. Just etransfer email@example.com or stop by the church with cash or cheque, make sure you specify that it is for the Best for Babies Care Packages.
All items must be dropped off by February 22, so we can prepare the care packages. Items can be dropped off Monday-Thursday 9am-4pm or Friday 9am-12pm. If this drop off time does not work for you please contact Taylor Cheese to arrange an alternative drop off time.
Thank you for your generosity! We are excited to bless these women. Please contact the church office if you have any questions.